When ideas lead, great things can happen. Absolute is an integrated agency based in the North West of England that specialises in brand, digital and content.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of PR to lead our new division within the Absolute Group – Absolute PR. Reporting into the Group Managing Director, you will be responsible for establishing and driving the PR division, ensuring that it is in keeping with the creativity and values of the wider group, and becomes a profitable division.
Absolute specialises in branding, content and digital and we take a truly integrated approach with our marketing solutions for clients. You will be expected to have an understanding and experience of how these disciplines feed into and work alongside PR.
The agency currently works with a wide range of clients throughout a number of different sectors, with a strong focus on Higher Education, Sport, Retail & Tourism. You will explore new business opportunities within these sectors – both for our existing clients and new prospects – as well as other sectors that present opportunities. You will also develop and lead on the group’s own PR activity.
With at least eight years’ agency experience, you will ideally have experience across both B2C and B2B clients.
As the PR division grows, you will be responsible for building a dedicated PR team to support and deliver the PR activity for clients.
From pitching and winning new business, to creating and implementing PR strategies and plans, you will be expected to oversee the activity for all PR clients to ensure work is carried out to the highest standard, in a creative and meaningful way that generates real results.
As Head of PR, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Identifying new business opportunities and nurturing relationships with new prospects
- Leading, developing and delivering new business pitches
- Creating and implementing PR strategies and plans for clients and overseeing day-to-day activity
- Implementing meaningful measurement and evaluation methods and reporting back regularly to clients
- Developing a dedicated PR team for the group
- Nurturing relationships with existing clients
- Working closely alongside the group’s Head of Digital Marketing, Creative Director, technical and account management teams to ensure an fully integrated approach is adopted for all clients wherever possible
- Developing and leading a PR strategy and plan for the agency itself
- Keeping abreast of new PR tools and tactics, technology, contacts and networks within the PR and media landscape
- Network and build relationships with key influencers in the region and sector
You will demonstrate:
- Excellent PR knowledge and experience across all areas – including print, digital, broadcast, thought leadership, creative campaigns, events and awards
- Strong experience gained in an agency environment, with a proven track record in PR and working on B2C & B2B campaigns
- A problem solver with a proactive and positive approach, a natural and inspiring team leader and critical thinker
- You will enjoy the challenge of seeking new leads and winning new business and have a track record of successfully winning and retaining clients
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great studio environment – nominee for Prolific North’s Most Inspired Spaces to work 2016
- Games room – including pool table/table football/table tennis and race simulator
- Your choice of computer – Mac or PC laptop
- iPhone 7
- Good holiday entitlement which increases every year of service
- Birthday off work
- Team building events
- Movie & pizza nights
- Gym subsidies
- In house gym
- Free fruit delivered weekly to the studio
- Fully stocked beer and wine fridge
If you think that you have the skills required for this role and would like to join our team, please send us an email.
Deadline for application – 10th March
Please send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject box
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.