When ideas lead, great things can happen.
Absolute is an integrated creative & digital agency based in Bolton, Greater Manchester that specialises in brand, digital and content delivery.
As Marketing & Communications Manager, you’ll be the one ensuring our key audiences know all about Absolute and our capabilities across all our services, and you’ll help turn that awareness into new business.
This is a new, very important role for the agency, as we invest in our growth over the next 2/3 years. A big part of the role will be producing quality content for a variety of marketing channels, often working to tight deadlines. To get results, you’ll be an accomplished marketing all-rounder with an infectious enthusiasm for what you do. You’ll also have the sort of written and verbal communication skills that help you forge strong relationships with people at all levels of the business, and building strong partnerships with clients and relevant media. You will be capable of developing a marketing strategy for the agency, run our social channels, write content for our website and deliver relevant press releases to build awareness of our agency.
- Work with the Account Management team to deliver successful marketing campaigns for their sectors on a quarterly basis – Sport, Education, Retail and B2B
- Identifying new marketing opportunities and creating a plan for how we approach them
- Managing the agency website including creating, maintaining, and implementing a content strategy
- Manage and maintain our advertising budget – offline and online
- Attend events and trade shows as an Absolute Ambassador
- Build our relationships with Industry bodies and maintain our profiles
- Manage our contacts database
- Writing case studies to support our website and proposals
- Sourcing and editing articles from various contributors within the agency and/or ghost writing on their behalf to ensure the website contains quality content from different members of the team on a regular basis
- Managing the agency’s social media accounts, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to engage key audiences and build awareness of the work we do – working with internal teams to create and deliver unique content
- Managing the agencies award applications by writing detailed entries about the agency and its excellent work
- Fostering productive relationships with Media/PR contacts in each of our key sectors
- Supporting the Education Account Manager in planning, promoting and running our big yearly Education Conference – Digital Transformation for Higher Education in Manchester January 2019
- Deliver quarterly mini seminars at our studio
- Supporting delivery of our internal communications programme, including the agency newsletter – Absolute Blast
- Creating timely emails to prospects and clients
- Protecting the agency brand, ensuring we are consistent in all forms of communication
- Taking the lead in ensuring Absolute is involved with appropriate local community initiatives, including sourcing speaking opportunities and engagements
- Minimum of 3 years working in the marketing industries, preferably within a branding, digital or content creation agency
- Is comfortable presenting or pitching concepts into the team or clients confidently
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great studio environment – nominee for Prolific North’s Most Inspired Spaces to work 2016
- Games rooms – including pool table / table tennis / games console and race simulator
- Good holiday entitlement which increases every year of service
- Birthday off work
- Team building events
- Gym subsidies
- Free fruit delivered weekly to the studio
- Fully stocked beer and wine fridge
Apply for this job
If you think that you have the skills required for this role and would like to join our team, please contact us in the first instance by email: email@example.com
Salary is competitive, and dependent on experience.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.