When ideas lead, great things can happen. Absolute is an integrated agency based in the North West of England that specialises in brand, digital and content.
Our studio is based in a 6,000 sq ft converted church in Horwich, close to the M61 motorway (30 minutes from Manchester and Preston and 45 minutes from Liverpool) and Horwich Parkway train station with free parking outside the studio.
We are looking to expand our team of developers for a brilliant, enthusiastic and talented back-end end web developer, working on some fantastic upcoming digital projects.
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable and well documented code
- Discuss project requirements and figure out application architecture and implementation plans
- The ability to develop, deploy and support web applications
- Work with the development and creative teams to spread knowledge and develop resources
- Work with our team to develop a delivery schedule for projects
- Provide assistance and support to clients
- Extensive experience and a high standard of PHP coding ability
- Substantial experience in databases, especially MySQL
- A thorough understanding of the Laravel framework, with experience in developing bespoke applications
- Experience working with CMS systems
- Experience in systems like Magento, Terminal Four, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal an advantage
- A solid understanding of front-end development of HTML & CSS an advantage
- Experience in TDD an advantage
- Knowledge in domain management, server and hosting management an advantage
- Version control, preferably GIT
- Innovative thinking
- Excellent attention to detail
- An approachable and friendly attitude
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Consistently proactive
- Trustworthy and amicable
- Good organisational skills
If successful, you will work on different technologies and projects at the same time and be expected to have a strong eye for detail, as well as being driven to produce innovative and technically brilliant digital products for a number of global brands.
You will also be expected to stay up to speed with the latest developments in the industry and bring fresh ideas and thinking to the table.
You will be expected to communicate your ideas effectively and be able to work on your own initiative as well as working alongside our existing team.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great studio environment – nominee for Prolific North’s Most Inspired Spaces to work 2016
- Games room – including pool table/table football/table tennis and race simulator
- Your choice of computer – Mac, PC or laptop
- Good holiday entitlement which increases every year of service
- Birthday off work
- Team building events
- Movie & pizza nights
- Flexible work times
- Gym subsidies
- Free fruit delivered weekly to the studio
- Fully stocked beer and wine fridge
If you think that you have the skills required for this role and would like to join our team, please send us an email.
Salary is competitive, and dependent on experience